Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 2 report

Report for the week 31-5-10 to 7-6-10

*Most of this week was spent trying to configure a development environment and building a kernel. I have tried the normal OE route with bitbake i.e
./ bitbake -c build linux-omap
but this ended up in failure due to some dependencies being ignored. Simultaneously I am trying to do it manually as per the steps detailed here. My cross compiler is not setup properly and this is running into trouble.
For the last day
./ bitbake console-image 
has been running and hopefully it will fetch all the dependencies allowing me to only build the kernel from the next time on. I am really new to this stuff so this will take some time.

*Meanwhile here are the circuits
      1) Motor control

      2) Speaker Control

These are still in draft stage and would love to hear what everyone has to say about them.
I designed these with eagle . Nice tool.

*Learnt a few important things about kernel development through irc. Most of the stuff that i posted as threats last week, i.e connecting a mouse or a display screen to the beagleboard, are not really required for my project. The serial interface is all that is needed.

*Found out about this project . We have decided to build on top of it. This will also be the repository for my project.

* The dev environment should be setup and I would start fiddling around with the existing code.
* I will have a go at breadboarding these circuits.

*Although a bit unlikely but I might still be stuck trying to build the kernel and setting up the dev environment.
*Breadboarding may not go smoothly, which according to Murphy's laws will be so :).

No comments:

Post a Comment